Personal and professional background
Yuka was born and raised in Nagano, Japan and received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Japan Women’s University in Tokyo. She obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Santa Clara University School of Law after moving to California. Additionally, Yuka earned Master of Laws degrees with honors in Taxation and Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law from Golden Gate University School of Law.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Yuka was co-owner of Merritt Group, a public relations consulting firm, where she was responsible for financial and administrative management of the firm. During the ten-year period Yuka was actively involved in the business, the business grew from startup to annual billings of $4 million employing 40 full-time employees.
Yuka has three adult sons, all of whom have completed their bachelor’s degree. In her free time Yuka enjoys practicing yoga and dance and hiking in California’s beautiful natural scenery.
- State Bar of California
- Bar of Maryland
- LL.M. (Master of Laws) with honors in Taxation and Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- J.D., Santa Clara University, Santa Clara
- B.A., Japan Women’s University, Tokyo
Trusts and Estates section of the California Lawyers Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area